Hope for Widows Website
The new site features a robust resources section, peer support request functionality, secure area with a social components, better fundraising options and an ongoing email communications campaign.
We want to thank our clients, family and friends for helping us raise the money for some of the hard costs of the site. This allowed us to donate hundreds of hours for design and development. This website is currently helping thousands of widows and we are thrilled to be able to provide our talent and expertise for this worthy cause.
Expanded Project Features
- Peer Support Request Form – allows widows or friends/family of widows to request support. The requests are manually reviewed by volunteer staff to protect the safety and integrity of the secure area. When a support request reaches a volunteer all of the instructions they need along with a link to do a Google Search are built on the fly.
- Secure Area – a moderated area of the site that is for widowed women only contains forums, a social interaction area (status updates, friend feeds and private messaging), and a video library.
- Resources Section – the resources section was really one of the big things missing from their old site. There are now resources for widows, families and others touched by the loss of a husband.
- Better Fundraising Options – the client was really struggling to raise enough money to support their efforts—even with a completely volunteer staff. We introduce ways to raise money through Adsense, donate buttons linked to PayPal and a new Sponsorship section.
- Defined Community – when Hope for Widows came to us they had a closed Facebook Group and a Facebook Page and an old website with outdated information. One thing we kept hearing was that if one day Facebook was gone, there would be no community left for these widows. The new site now allows for approved accounts in the forums and a large mailing list.
- Email Communications – there is now a set of emails that goes out once a widow is approved. These emails help introduce the site as well as start the peer support system and were written by grief coaches. There are also messages sent out on important dates.