Biographical information and media assets.
Biographies depending on the occasion:
Amber Sawaya is an award-winning user experience (UX) designer, best-selling author and business owner located in Salt Lake City, Utah. She designs and oversees projects for web, mobile and user interfaces.
Partner, Sawaya Consulting
Amber Sawaya is Partner/Creative Director at Sawaya Consulting (www.sawayaconsulting.com), a firm that builds websites, apps and user interfaces.
Amber Sawaya is an author, creative director and business owner. Her first book, Building a Mobile App: A Resource Guide for Clients & Corporations is a #1 Amazon Best-Seller.
Amber Sawaya is an ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor, has designed and built fitness software in her regular job as Partner at a web firm, and holds a patent for a piece of exercise equipment.
- Amber focuses on and has demonstrable expertise in:
- Graphic Design / Creative Direction
- User Experience (UX)
- User Interface Design
- Information Architecture
- Nutrition & Fitness
- She has won several awards for her design work and creative direction.
- Her first book, Building a Mobile App: A Resource Guide for Clients & Corporations is was #1 on the Amazon Best Seller list in 2015.
- In 2014 after winning a fat-loss competition (5% body fat in 6 weeks) at her gym she decided to get her American Council on Exercise (ACE) Group Fitness Instructor certification so she could help teach strength and conditioning to others.
- Most days she stands while she designs/codes/fires off emails. She switched to a hydraulic UpWrite desk in 2014.
- She lives by two mottos: The harder I work the luckier I get and You’ve got to know when to hold ’em, know when to fold ’em, know when to walk away, know when to run.
- Sawaya is her married name, it’s Syrian-Lebanese. The name did not bring of love of tomatoes or Tabbouleh though.
- April 21, 2015 – “7 Ways to Get Your First Freelance Client.” Angie Nelson for The Work at Home Wife
- February 25, 2015 – “Making Healthy Stir Fry.” Good 4 Utah Channel 4
- December 29, 2014 – “25 Tips for Mobile App Success in 2015.” Kathryn Bisson for Zco Corporation
- July 21, 2014 – “Women & Co. – Planning a Vacation – How to “Disconnect” on Vacation – While Staying Connected.” Stephanie Taylor Christensen for Citi.com
- July 2, 2014 – “General Business: Time Off: How small business owners can disconnect during vacation: Small Business Community.” Erin O’Donnell for Bank of America.
- June 5, 2014 – “Exciting News! | 212 Fitness: Salt Lake City Fitness”. Josiah Shultz for 212 Fitness.
- January 8, 2014 – “From the Trenches- Insights on Weight Loss”. Josiah Shultz for 212 Fitness.
- January 1, 2014 – “The TwoTwelvy Awards! [Most Improved]”. Josiah Shultz for 212 Fitness.
- August 20, 2013 – “Plus Custom Nutrition”. Josiah Shultz for 212 Fitness.
- August 20, 2013 – “The Scale Isn’t Everything!”. Josiah Shultz for 212 Fitness.
- December 29, 2012 – “Annual Type Survey.” Gordon Kaye for Graphic Design USA. See excerpt ›
- October 30, 2012 – “Literary notes: Poetic buckaroos gather in Heber Valley; try a six-word bio.” Salt Lake Tribune (Salt Lake City, Utah)
(801) 931 6554 OFFICE
(801) 560 6298 MOBILE
Email her directly amber@ ›
PO Box 17011
Salt Lake City, UT 84117 MAILING ADDRESS
Click an asset to view full-size version. Right-click the larger version to save.